Making a Berry Slab Pie
This delicious sweet, fresh berry dessert is quick and easy to make. This is a page about making a berry slab pie
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you are looking for a delicious summer dessert to bring to a party or just enjoy at home, give this recipe a try!
Yield: 24 pieces
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, room temperature
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 6-7 cups assorted fresh berries (sliced strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup strawberry glaze
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove softened pie crust from packaging. Unroll the crusts onto a lightly floured surface, stacking the crusts on top of each other.
- Use a rolling pin to roll them out into a 17 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Lay the crust onto an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan. Press the crust into the corners of the pan and fold over any extra, even with the edge of the pan. Crimp edges and prick the crust with a fork.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto crust and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Rinse and slice berries. Then gently dry them.
- Place berries into a large bowl, add strawberry glaze, and gently stir to coat berries.
- Spoon berry mixure onto cream cheese topping. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Note: I suggest serving it fairly quickly, as the crust gets soggy after a while.
September 13, 20160 found this helpful
This delicious and easy berry pie showcases summer fruit. Learn how to make it in this short video.