Best Craft Glue to Create a Water Effect

Category Advice
If resin is not working for your water effect on a craft, you might try PVA glues and even add some hot glue effects.


Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

I am looking for a glue that can be used with sea glass and shells to glue into a picture frame with glass that will give it a water effect when it is dry. Can you help and let me know what people are using to give it that water effect? I see a lot of this artwork on Etsy and resin is not working out for me. I am at my wits end trying to figure out what to use.


March 10, 20180 found this helpful
Best Answer

You could try a mix of PVA glue then hot glue.. the hot glue makes for excellent splashes and droplets

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 15, 20180 found this helpful
Best Answer

PVA glue is commonly called wood glue, carpenters glue or even school glue. It is your most common white glue that most people use for glueing wood and things like this.


This would more than likely do the trick for you. However, you can always ask at a craft shop if anyone has ever done this before and see if they would recommend you something different.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 10, 20180 found this helpful

I've never tried it, but saw that even PVA glue can be used.


Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 11, 20180 found this helpful

Go to any crafts store like Michaels. They have lots of different glues and a knowledgeable staff

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Read More Answers
Crafts AdviceDecember 20, 2019
Christmas Ideas!
New Years Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019-12-22 18:53:09 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Add to PageAsk a Question
Loading Something Awesome!