Birthday Parcel Card
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
You can make this card to match your gift by using a leftover scrap of wrapping paper. Or you can make a smaller version for a gift tag.
- blank greetings card
- scrap of gift wrap paper
- small piece of felt
- fancy cord or string
- white (PVA) glue
- printed greeting
- Cut a piece of gift wrap slightly smaller than the greetings card.
- Cut a piece of felt slightly smaller than the gift wrap.
- Apply glue to the reverse side of the gift wrap.
- Stick the gift wrap to the card.
- Cut a long length of fine cord or string and tie it into a bow.
- The easiest way to tie this bow is to make 2 loops and tie the loops into a single knot.
- Cut another length of cord the width of the felt and use plenty of glue to stick it in place.
- Stick the bow across in the other direction.
- Apply plenty of glue to the reverse of the felt.
- You will need to use a fair amount of glue because some will be absorbed. Stick the felt parcel to the card on top of the gift wrap. The glue will dry clear and may take overnight to dry properly.
- Glue your chosen greeting in place. These can be purchased or you can print and cut out your own.
- You can also choose apply a greeting to the inside of the card. Make sure the glue is properly dry before closing the card and inserting it into the envelope.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.