Blackberry Sauce Recipe
The sweet taste of blackberries is ideal for making them into a luscious sauce for ice cream or other menu items. This page contains a blackberry sauce recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
We are lucky to have blackberries growing everywhere around us. I recently picked 20 lbs. of them and decided to make this simple blackberry sauce to put on ice cream!
- blackberries, rinsed and dried
- 1-2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Rinse and dry the blackberries. Remove any mushy ones.
- Put the blackberries into a large sauce pan, over MED heat. Stir in corn starch, mixing well.
- Heat the blackberries, stirring frequently. As they cook down, the sauce will begin to thicken. Cook until desired consistency. Add sugar, to taste.
- Allow to cool, then use as a topping on ice cream or anything that sounds good!