Blackened Salmon and Fried Green Tomato Salad
Serve an amazing green salad topped with blackened salmon, fried green tomatoes, and an avocado ranch dressing that you blend yourself. This main dish salad is sure to be a hit.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
August 8, 2017
A tasty salmon salad which features fried green tomatoes, so popular in the summer and all dressed up with an herbed avocado ranch dressing.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 11-13 minutes
Total Time: 45-48 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Original Recipe
- 1 avocado, cut, pitted, peeled
- 1/2 cup bottled light ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. milk, divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, divided
- 12 oz. salmon filet
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 1/2 tsp. blackening seasoning, divided
- 5 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium green tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 egg
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Chop one half of the avocado and place into a blender with the ranch dressing, 1/4 cup milk, chopped chives and parsley. Blend until smooth. Pour into a small bowl and refrigerate while preparing the salad.
- Pat the salmon filet dry and sprinkle on both sides with 2 Tbsp. blackening seasoning. Heat 1 Tbsp. canola oil in a nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the salmon and cook until blackened on one side, about 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn the filet and continue cooking until the other side is blackened and the salmon is tender, flaky, but not overcooked, about another 3-4 minutes. Keep warm.
- Place flour onto a piece of waxed paper and stir in remaining 1 1/2 tsp. blackening seasoning. Place egg in a shallow bowl and with a fork slightly beat with remaining 1 Tbsp. milk.
- In a non-stick or cast iron skillet heat remaining 4 Tbsp. canola oil over medium heat. Dip green tomato slices into flour mixture then into egg mixture and back into flour mixture and fry in heated oil and butter for 3-5 minutes until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain on paper toweling.
- Arrange mixed salad greens onto a platter. Break salmon into pieces and place into center of greens. Cut remaining half of avocado into slices and arrange around salmon along with fried tomato slices.
- Place avocado ranch dressing into a ziplock bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle dressing over dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley over all.
- Makes 4 servings.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.