Blackened Salmon and Fried Green Tomato Salad
August 8, 2017
A tasty salmon salad which features fried green tomatoes, so popular in the summer and all dressed up with an herbed avocado ranch dressing.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 11-13 minutes
Total Time: 45-48 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Original Recipe
- 1 avocado, cut, pitted, peeled
- 1/2 cup bottled light ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. milk, divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, divided
- 12 oz. salmon filet
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 1/2 tsp. blackening seasoning, divided
- 5 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium green tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 egg
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Chop one half of the avocado and place into a blender with the ranch dressing, 1/4 cup milk, chopped chives and parsley. Blend until smooth. Pour into a small bowl and refrigerate while preparing the salad.
- Pat the salmon filet dry and sprinkle on both sides with 2 Tbsp. blackening seasoning. Heat 1 Tbsp. canola oil in a nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the salmon and cook until blackened on one side, about 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn the filet and continue cooking until the other side is blackened and the salmon is tender, flaky, but not overcooked, about another 3-4 minutes. Keep warm.
- Place flour onto a piece of waxed paper and stir in remaining 1 1/2 tsp. blackening seasoning. Place egg in a shallow bowl and with a fork slightly beat with remaining 1 Tbsp. milk.
- In a non-stick or cast iron skillet heat remaining 4 Tbsp. canola oil over medium heat. Dip green tomato slices into flour mixture then into egg mixture and back into flour mixture and fry in heated oil and butter for 3-5 minutes until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain on paper toweling.
- Arrange mixed salad greens onto a platter. Break salmon into pieces and place into center of greens. Cut remaining half of avocado into slices and arrange around salmon along with fried tomato slices.
- Place avocado ranch dressing into a ziplock bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle dressing over dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley over all.
- Makes 4 servings.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.