This is a delicious treat that we love to make in our household, blueberry scones. Very quick and easy to throw together and bake! You can serve your scones with butter, ice cream, jam or cream.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 5/8 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients.
- For better mixing, cut the butter into smaller pieces and incorporate in your bowl and mix.
- Add blueberries and milk, then stir until you have a dough consistency.
- Lightly spread a little bit of flour on parchment paper. Pour the dough mixture on top and pat the dough to about an inch to inch and half consistency. Cut dough into triangles to prep for baking.
- Brush the blueberry scones with the beaten egg. Then with a dash of 1 tablespoon of sugar over each scones. Preheat your oven to 400 F and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until ready.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!