Bottom Leaves on Sunflower Sprout Wilting

Too much water and/or not enough sun are the two main culprits in this situation. Read about recommendations for what to do when the bottom leaves on a sunflower sprout are wilting, on this page.

My friend's sunflower sprout is in my care for the next two weeks. I got it three days ago and was told to water it every two days, with about a cup of water. I just watered it for the first time and woke up to its bottom leaves curling up. What did I do and how do I save it?

Thank you so much!

Answers

Best Answer

It needs good drainage, full sunlight and at least 65 degrees. Don't let it touch a cold window or be by an A/C unit when running.

Looks like too much water. Let it be evenly moist. Don't water so heavily next time.

This usually does happen when plants are overwatered and not drained enough. Also, as a sunflower, it really will not tolerate the cold. Try watering during the day as well, and not at night

The plant needs some sunlight and do not water too much.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJuly 6, 2018
🎂
🌻
🎃