Brainstorm: How to Safely Celebrate Thanksgiving?

As COVID-19 continues to run rampant, many people are rethinking their big holiday gatherings. Some people will do something virtual. Others are keeping their gathering to just their small bubble and some are finding solace in taking the year off from the holidays. How are you planning on safely celebrating Thanksgiving this year?

Brainstorm! Click below to add your ideas. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

My family and I are planning on making the normal Thanksgiving Foods that we normally have and then getting on a zoom call with our extended family while we all eat and become miserable lol. I cant wait.

I don't do anything special for Thanksgiving myself....but will be traveling and will spend Christmas w/ my Mom. We will keep things very simple this year, and there will only be 3 of us celebrating Christmas.

CDC guidance for the holidays is here:
www.cdc.gov/.../thanksgiving.html

Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks! Although 2020 may be the saddest , we can hold on a little longer and keep ourselves healthy, we will truly have a real Thanksgiving of All Thanksgiving when we can get pass Covid! WE must take a look at what we have at this very moment. If our family is healthy, we should protect that. If our family is feed, sheltered, safe, and Loved , we as a people will make it! We are almost there. So on Thanksgiving give family, friends, and neighbors a call, cards are nice too!

Since Florida is not under any kind of restrictions that affect our family we have just planned to be careful and keep in mind that our family's and our own safety is our responsibility and try to give a lot of thought to each situation before venturing out.

My family has planned to have an 'all day dinner' with visits planned at different time intervals and a 'conference' at the end of the day to give thanks for our safety and well being.

We typically have a big family reunion during the holidays (especially Thanksgiving and Christmas).

This year we're all celebrating with just our family. We will cook smaller portions and since our families are too big to zoom will just send photos of what we made/family portraits to each other.

Also plan to drop off some food to some family who is smaller and not doing anything for Thanksgiving at all.

Happy early Thanksgiving!

We have too many family members who are at high risk so we are not having any in person gatherings.

Zoom (for the free version) has waived the 40 minute rule for meetings of 3 or more for the 26th and 27th so we are going to try to take advantage of that window of time to have a family Zoom with the out of state and in state gang. We will do this before those in the family who are working need to be on their shifts.

While we count our blessings daily, and are grateful to have family and friends to cherish, this year has been especially challenging because our extended family and friend circle has seen loved ones succumb to COVID, with another passing this week. It is just heartbreaking.

Be safe everyone and know that those of us who are sacrificing the short term pain of not having in person gatherings to protect those we love, are hopeful that soon our sacrifice will result in a healthier community soon so we will all have the opportunity to be together in the future.

Blessings and all good wishes to each and every one of you!

I have family in the US that is keeping it simple this year. Most of the members of my family that are still living there are spread out in several states. Each one of them has decided to follow the tradition in their own way. some of the members are still gathering at one home and celebrating as usual, where my daughter has just moved recently she is going to a friend's home to have Thanksgiving. My granddaughter will be staying with the family she is living with because she is in College and it is closed for now. Other than this I know other people who do not have so many concerns about the virus and will celebrate as usual.

They live in states that don't have restrictions. I guess it is up to you to decide what is best for your family this time of year. One thing I have learned from all this mess is that family is important and if we isolate ourselves from them forever we will lose a part of us and who we all. I feel that everyone needs family around them and if you are not sick, members of your family are not sick, you can figure a way to have a happy and safe Thanksgiving with your entire family like you did last year. Where I live in France we don't celebrate it here.

Holidays and Parties ThanksgivingNovember 15, 2020
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Brainstorm-How-to-Safely-Celebrate-Thanksgiving.html