PoultryRecipes

Broiled Chili-Rubbed Chicken Thighs

I bone my own chicken thighs when they are on sale for 69 cents a pound. I save all the bones for chicken stock, so nothing goes to waste.
I halved this recipe, but it is written for 6 servings. It was delicious and juicy.

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 17 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

1. Turn your broiler on to high.
  2. Add garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and red pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
  3. Add the chicken thighs and mix to coat the chicken with the spice mixture. Set aside.
  4. Combine the honey and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
  5. Place the broiler pan on the bottom shelf in your oven or at least 10 inches from the broiler element. Broil the chicken for 5 minutes.
  6. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the chicken over. Broil for 5 minutes more.
  7. Remove the pan again and brush the chicken with 1/2 of the honey-vinegar mixture. Broil 1 minute. Remove the pan again, turn the chicken over, and brush the chicken with the remainder of the honey-vinegar mixture. Broil 1 additional minute.
  8. Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately.

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryOctober 8, 2019
🎃