Broiled Chili-Rubbed Chicken Thighs
Boned chicken thighs can be seasoned and basted for a inexpensive broiled main dish. Enjoy this delicious chili flavored chicken.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I bone my own chicken thighs when they are on sale for 69 cents a pound. I save all the bones for chicken stock, so nothing goes to waste.
I halved this recipe, but it is written for 6 servings. It was delicious and juicy.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Turn your broiler on to high.
- Add garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and red pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the chicken thighs and mix to coat the chicken with the spice mixture. Set aside.
- Combine the honey and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the broiler pan on the bottom shelf in your oven or at least 10 inches from the broiler element. Broil the chicken for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn the chicken over. Broil for 5 minutes more.
- Remove the pan again and brush the chicken with 1/2 of the honey-vinegar mixture. Broil 1 minute. Remove the pan again, turn the chicken over, and brush the chicken with the remainder of the honey-vinegar mixture. Broil 1 additional minute.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately.