Chicken with Green Olives Recipe
Seasoned chicken thighs with green olives makes a delicious main dish to serve with rice. This is a guide about chicken with green olives
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
One of my favorite meals to make on a colder evening. Very delicious and easy to make! Pairs perfectly with rice.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 1-2 lb chicken thighs
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- dash black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cloves onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup green olives
- Using your chicken of choice (I used thighs) wash and pat dry. Marinate with dash of black pepper.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté onions until brown.
- Then stir in garlic and seasonings (ground cumin, cinnamon, ginger and paprika). Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Then add chicken thighs and allow to simmer on medium-low heat until chicken is throughly cooked for 20-30 minutes. Remove chicken.
- Then add green olives and lemon juice and cook for another 5 minutes to thicken the broth. Then add chicken back in.