Brown Turkey Fig Tree Has Soft Branch

I like in the UK and last year I was bought a brown Turkey fig tree around 3ft tall. I am unsure of its age. I have espalier it and it is around 10ft wide now and 5.5ft tall. I immediately repotted it so the roots would have ample room for figaro to stretch his legs. I had around 10 figs the first year so I was very happy.

My question is: One of the main branches looks darker on the end and seems to be bendy and moist, not woody or strong at all. Is this a problem? Because I don't know the age or if this is an issue I don't know whether to cut it back to the point it looks OK. Any advice for a sad soft branch? Also no sign of regrowth on this branch (it is 26th Feb in Great Britain).

Please help.

Thank you xxx

You could have a borer infestation. Check and see if there are holes in the branch. If so, call a tree specialist to prevent the tree from dying.

Can you call the nursery where you bought it and ask them? Or are there gardening clubs in the area that could help you?

Definitely look for other signs of disease or infestation (such as bite marks, etc) and I would say, cut it off. There's no way that that's good for the tree.

Common fig issues are fig rust, pink bblight, www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../common-fig-tree-diseases.htm

also watch out for this: "Root Knot Nematodes These very common, invisible roundworms cause damage that can be difficult to diagnose, often mimicking other root diseases. Trees infected with root knot nematodes show a gradual decline, have chronically poor health and arent as vigorous when developing leaves and fruits. Digging a few roots will reveal swollen galls that ultimately block the root system, causing the death of the fig. Root knot nematodes are difficult or impossible to kill, since they protect themselves with the plants own tissues.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Problems With Fig Trees: Common Fig Tree Diseases www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../common-fig-tree-diseases.htm";

i would definitely cut this branch back to where thee is normal growth and move the diseased branch far away from any plants. Also, do you live in a zone that you will be able to plant your tree outside? This is a good container fig but it would probably grow better outside.

Maybe you could try to find a master gardener in your area that would give you some advice about your tree.

Here is a good information site for your container fig:

www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../growing-figs-in-pots.htm