Building a Frame for a Dragon Fruit Tree

The dragon fruit grows on a vine, which requires support to protect the plant from stress as it grows in size and becomes laden with delicious fruit. This is a page offers one method for building a frame for a dragon fruit tree.

There are many different methods and materials you can use to build a frame for dragon fruit trees.

This is how we built ours, we recycled our left over fencing wood and built a simple frame. Since dragon fruits grow like a vine, it is important to build this support frame for the dragon fruit so there is less stress on the fruit tree and the vines have support to rest on while carrying the delicious fruit!

Here is my updated trellis for my dragon fruit. If you are limited on space this will work best! It is a neater and more organized style - it also helps dragon fruit cactus bear fruit.

Check out your local home improvement store's clearance center for marked down wood. I was able to get these pieces of wood for clearance/cheap price!

Total Time: An afternoon

• 1 concrete pier block
  • 4 ft 4x4 wood
  • 12 ft 2x4 wood
  • hammer
  • power handsaw
  • nails

1. My height for the 4x4 is 4 ft, but you can make it longer if you would like. For the 2x4 - 12 ft wood, I cut (2) 24", (3) 22", (2) 12" slightly angled (best I could do as I don't have an angled saw).
  2. Advertisement

3. Assemble the pieces together as shown below using nails.
  4. You will use the concrete block from your home improvement store (I bought from Home Depot.) You will put the concrete block into your hole. Screw the 4x4 to the concrete block. And you are finished! Ready to plant your dragon fruit!

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceApril 20, 2019
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Building-a-Frame-for-a-Dragon-Fruit-Tree.html