This greeting card is a butterfly themed card. It can be used as a "Feel Better" card or is essentially universal for any occasion: birthday card, just because, condolences card, etc.
*With my printer, I was given a complimentary pack of photo paper. I don't print photos at home because that would consume a lot of ink. I turned photo paper into a greeting card.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- photo paper
- craft/scrap book paper
- glue stick
- hot glue
- farfalle pasta
- acrylic paint
- paint brush
- old magazines
- Sharpie pen
- Paint the farfalle pasta with your desired paint colors. I used lavender, carousel pink, and sea breeze. Allow to dry.
- Glossy side down, apply tape on the seam connecting (2) 4 by 6 pieces of photo paper together.
- Flip through old magazines and look for card worthy backgrounds to suit the butterfly theme. I like the sky so I ripped that page out of the magazine and cut to fit the front of the card (horizontally) then glue down.
- For the inside of the card (where you'll write on your card), I used craft paper. Use the same process, cut to fit and then glue down. *I use an old gift card as tool to smooth out the glue to paper evenly.
- Now that the paint has dried on the farfalle pasta, figure out where you'd like to place the pasta on your card.
- Once you figured out the spots where you want your pasta to go (essentially butterflies), secure down with hot glue.
- Using a Sharpie pen you can draw in the antenna of the butterfly.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.