CardsPaper

Butterfly Card

This greeting card is a butterfly themed card. It can be used as a "Feel Better" card or is essentially universal for any occasion: birthday card, just because, condolences card, etc.

*With my printer, I was given a complimentary pack of photo paper. I don't print photos at home because that would consume a lot of ink. I turned photo paper into a greeting card.

Total Time: 25 minutes

1. Paint the farfalle pasta with your desired paint colors. I used lavender, carousel pink, and sea breeze. Allow to dry.
  2. Glossy side down, apply tape on the seam connecting (2) 4 by 6 pieces of photo paper together.
  3. Flip through old magazines and look for card worthy backgrounds to suit the butterfly theme. I like the sky so I ripped that page out of the magazine and cut to fit the front of the card (horizontally) then glue down.
  4. For the inside of the card (where you'll write on your card), I used craft paper. Use the same process, cut to fit and then glue down. *I use an old gift card as tool to smooth out the glue to paper evenly.
  5. Now that the paint has dried on the farfalle pasta, figure out where you'd like to place the pasta on your card.
  6. Once you figured out the spots where you want your pasta to go (essentially butterflies), secure down with hot glue.
  7. Using a Sharpie pen you can draw in the antenna of the butterfly.