Larger Packages Aren't Always Cheaper

Be careful not to always grab for the biggest package assuming you are getting the best deal. Sometimes the smaller version may be on sale, making it cheaper. Believe it or not, sometimes they actually charge more for the "bulk" version of products.

At a recent trip to the store, I was surprised to find out that box of 8 Pop Tarts was cheaper per pound than a box of 12 ($2.68 vs. $2.54). In addition to that, the box of 8 was on sale for 2.29 ($2.33 per pound). And if I really wanted to get nuts (I didn't), they were offering $5 off if I bought 10 boxes.

Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenMay 13, 2012
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Buying-Food-in-Bulk-1.html