Buying Peppermint Oil

Category Shopping
Peppermint oil has culinary uses, can be used for pest control and also has some health benefits, like helping settle an upset stomach. This page is about buying peppermint oil.

Where would I find peppermint oil? I read a suggestion saying that peppermint oil is a good product to use in closing a travel trailer.

By Barbara from Plainville, MA

Answers

Try the baking section of your grocery store. Also, ask at your pharmacy. Around this time of year they start to display those little bottles of flavorings. Peppermint extract is not the same thing. Good luck!

Peppermint oil, not to be confused with peppermint extract, can be purchased at specialty cake & candy stores, maybe craft stores that sell cake & candy items, or online.

I'm a bit confused here tho! Peppermint EXTRACT is the one you can find on any baking section in any grocery store. Extracts are for flavoring. Like vanilla extract, Almond extract! They have nothing to do with essential oils!

Which are the ones you use to repel mice! Peppermint oil is very good to repel mice. Believe me! That's the only thing I use!

I had mice once and after that every beginning of winter I start spraying everywhere. I like to mix it with alcohol not water. Alcohol evaporates faster so there's no risk of walking in the kitchen and slipping on the wet floor!

You can find essential oils online. Amazon has good prices. Also in stores like whole foods or fairway market. They are always on the natural products section!
They are NOT for cooking so they won't be anywhere close to the baking section

Anonymous

You can find peppermint oil in the pharmacy area of your local grocery store.

Anonymous

Doterra has amazing 100% peppermint oil that I use! Pretty much nothing likes the smell of peppermint not even spiders! I'd rather my house smell like a peppermint leaf than have all of these little pests bothering me. Not in my house! Lol

Thank you. I came here to ask if the extract used in flavoring could work. thank you so much.

Where do you find peppermint and spearmint oil?

By karen from Edgewood, MD

Answers

Anonymous

Most health food stores carry it. Good luck. Go on line for your city and do a search, something should come up for you if nothing else you could mail order it.

Any pharmacy should stock it behind the counter, and if they don't, they can order it for you. Just ask the pharmacist. I have ordered oils at K-mart Pharmacy.

You can usually get them at any grocery store also. Just look on the flavoring/spice isle.

Where can I purchase this product in larger quanties?

By Jean

Answers

Ask your local grocery store or pharmacy to order it for you. But, you need to specify if it is the essential oil you want (not for food) or food grade for baking.

Health food stores have it.

I would like to purchase a large quantity of peppermint oil due to an overwhelming mouse infestation of a farm house that our family rents.

By Paula B.

Answers

Just goggle in search multiple site will pop up. I buy my oil from amazone.