Cake donuts are delicious and fun too make. Kids love helping to roll the dough. Here is also a recipe for a chocolate glaze.
Prep Time: 1/2 hour
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add sugar, vanilla, baking powder, salt, milk,and melted butter. Mix well.
- Then slowly add your flour mixing in between until it is dough consistency, leave sit 20 minutes.
- Then roll out dough cut into circles and using cookie cutters cut small hole in the middle.You can also roll into small balls for timbits and fill with cream or jam.
- Using a deep fryer set to 300 F. Cook donuts until golden brown.
- Put chocolate chips in bowl. Heat the cream and butter dump over chocolate stirring well.
- Add icing sugar mix well when donuts cool dip them into glaze let dry.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!