Double Chocolate Donut Recipe
A chocolate lover's delight may be these baked donuts. This page contains a double chocolate donut recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's another long weekend after the country's nationwide proclamation of one special non-working holiday. It is a good break for a new recipe for me to make. My kiddo is craving for donuts. For the first time, I'm making double chocolate donuts my own way. That means no recipe search has happened during my execution. The donuts turned out really good and would be great for birthdays.
- Chocolate Dough
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp yeast dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water with a pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup melted butter
- Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the yeast mixture along with the melted butter.
- Mix well until fully incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- To make the glaze; soften butter until creamy. Gradually add cocoa powder.
- Add the powdered sugar and milk, alternately.
- Stir the mixture as you continue to pour the remaining ingredients so that the powder will fully dissolve.
- Scald chocolate mixture over low heat and stir until thick.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Get about two scoops of chocolate dough and start forming the donuts.
- Bake at 200 C for 20 minutes or simply deep fry it. Set aside to cool.
- Dip each chocolate donut into chocolate glaze.
- Decorate with colorful candy sprinkles (optional). Enjoy!
In This Guide