Bread Machine Donut Recipes

Category Bread Machine
These handy kitchen appliances can be helpful mixing sweet doughs too. This page contains bread machine donut recipes.

I would like to make donuts baked in the oven using the food processor or bread machine for mixing the ingredients. I recently ordered a donut cutter online and it came with basic instructions for making regular donuts that are fried in grease. I would like to make them healthier by baking them in the oven, but can't seem to find any recipes online for this.

I have a food processor and bread machine and would like to use either of them just for mixing all the ingredients for the dough to make donuts you bake. Also, how do I bake the holes that are left over from making the donuts with the cutter? Any information would be helpful. If you have any links to sites that have the recipe, that would be great. Thank you for any help you can give me.

By Linda from Brighton, MI

Answers

Linda, I also have been looking for a Baked Doughnut recipe. I want to make jelly filled ones, that are baked. I have been looking for 5 years.

I am looking for an easy glaze donut recipe for a bread machine.

Thanks.

Answers

I don't know if these are actually Glazed Dounuts...but they sure look good and you can glaze them (I haven't tried this recipe): http://www.razz  ne-doughnuts.htm

Most bread or dough recipes adapt pretty easily to bread machine use, but life is so much simpler if you can start your quest with a recipe actually created *for* machines. I haven't tried this one but it sounds interesting, and might be a good place to start: http://southern  s/r/bl20223g.htm I've never tried to make donuts but I don't know why not; I'm crazy about them when they're still warm from the oven! Anyway you've inspired me to look into this, so I'll probably try this recipe. If it produces decent donuts, with a bit more research and some tweaking there's no telling what might develop. If I find (or develop) anything else especially interesting I'll let you know. Oh, and I love using the machine for making dough, but seldom bake in it. Seems to me it would be perfect for donuts. Thanks for the inspiration!