Candle Vase with Dried Beans and Peas
With a glass or plastic tubular vase and some creative food, you can make this faux candle you can safely leave "burning" all night!
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Source: I have seen these on Pinterest and Google
- 1 clear glass or plastic vase ($.50)
- hot glue gun
- button (or other embellishment)
- 16 in raffia ($.02)
- 48 oz mixed pea soup, dry ($.50)
- 24 oz split peas, dry ($.25)
- 24 oz mixed bean soup, dry ($.25)
- battery operated tea light
- Pour in the 48 oz. bag of mixed pea soup, then the mixed bean soup, and then the split peas.
- Spot glue some raffia on the back of the vase and wrap it around to secure a bow. I put a pretty sunflower button on the knot, but you can make this flowers, a small wooden shape, make it with ribbon and tie a bow, etc.
- Put in a battery tea light, push it down into the peas and light er' up!!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!