I love caprese. I have tried all sorts of different ways of using tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese. And of course olive oil. How did we not know about this years ago? :)
I think you will like this chicken dish with caprese!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast or thighs, pounded thin and seasoned with; garlic powder, season salt, black pepper, dried basil, onion powder, a sprinkle of dill weed, Italian seasoning.
- Olive oil
- 1 bag Uncle Ben's microwave white rice
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large firm Roma-Plum tomato, sliced or diced, I diced mine
- Fresh basil leaves, previously frozen (idea I got here on TF)(great idea)
- Greek salad dressing (only need a little bit)
- Defrost chicken, season it well.
- Put olive oil in a skillet and heat, drop chicken in hot oil. You can add more spices as you like.
- Turn over when brown on both sides. Lower heat and cover. For 10 minutes.
- Prepare your tomato, slice or dice. Slice about 4 large basil leaves or cut the frozen leaves in large pieces. Get mozzarella cheese measured. And measure above a 1/3 cup of Greek salad dressing.
- Now, remove the lid, turn chicken, put the tomatoes on top, use all of them, Add the basil and add the mozzarella cheese, then pour the Greek dressing over the whole dish and cover on simmer for about 15 minutes. It should be all melted. Serve over a bed of rice. It's yummy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.