Caprese Wrap Recipes
If you love Caprese salad you will truly enjoy these tasty wraps. This page contains Caprese wrap recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
June 22, 20119 found this helpful
I love the flavor of Caprese appetizers and salads, so I decided to give it a try as a wrap sammie. They turned out Mmm Mmm good and can be made a day ahead, individually wrapping them in plastic wrap and refrigerating! :-)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups hearts of romaine, julienned
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 large basil leaves, julienned
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 Tbsp. red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Whisk together the vinegar and oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Equally spread each tortilla with cream cheese, equally layer the center area of each tortilla lengthwise with the romaine, tomatoes, basil, and cheese. Drizzle with the vinegar and oil mixture, wrap the tortillas burrito style, and serve.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
June 23, 20110 found this helpful
Wow, those sound so good. I have to be using some of my basil so think I will try that. Thanks Deeli!
June 25, 20110 found this helpful
Looks good to me. I think I'm going to try it wrapped in a crepe.