Sandwich Wrap Recipes

Category Wraps
Using foods you have on hand there are many delicious combination you can use to make a wrap. This page contains sandwich wrap recipes.

I am looking for recipes for sandwich wraps using tortillas. I want to cut down my lunch calories and bought some no fat tortillas. I don't like most dressings using mayo, but can tolerate small amounts. Any ideas?

Answers

Here are some ideas that I use in my husband's lunches. I'll modify them to make them healthier:

pizza wraps: spread the middle of a tortilla with pizza or spaghetti sauce (or tomato sauce with Italian seasoning), add veggies, fresh or sauteed (mushrooms, onions, olives, tomatoes, broccoli, etc) and low fat shredded cheese. wrap up and eat cold or hot.

bean wraps: use low/non fat refried beans (make your own in a food processor - just whip up with some plain yogurt or cottage cheese until smooth), veggies, lean griiled chicken, beef or pork, veggies and low fat cheese

chicken caesar wrap: mix a teaspoon of neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese) with 1/3 teaspoon Italian dressing. spread in the middle of a tortilla.
add grilled chicken, torn romaine, tomato slices, cucumber slices, chopped olives and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

tuna salsa: drain a can of tuna very well. then add some dried onion flakes, dried parsley flakes, and chunky salsa (pico do gallo) to taste. place in a tortilla wrap with lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.

cheese wrap: try some low fat cheeses, sliced, in a wrap with dijon mustard, brown mustard or horseradish. add your favorite veggies. (try sharp cheddar, meunster, gruyere, yogurt cheese, feta)

My family loves these wrappers they are low cal and easy to make.
Take your tortilla spread low fat or fat free cream cheese all over it, place 2 pieces of (I use deli sliced virginia ham) ham then add lettuce and tomato wrap it up and your done I cut it at a slight angle so you can see the beautiful insides. Enjoy.

Gotta share this: I WEIGH TOO MUCH, BUT...I've dropped two dress sizes (not weight) in three months by eliminating gluten (that's from wheat and is added by food mfg. everywhere into most EVERY food e x c e p t Pita Bread.) I have read several times that the glutten in breads, (even flour tortillas have gluten added), is what puts on belly fat. Also, acetyl-carnitine, and Chlorella have been like miracle supplements/helpers for my losing upper-body fat. Because I drank grapefruit juice daily for about 12 years between ages 25 and 37, I have NO cellulite on my legs !! Dr. Mercola, mercola.com, I believe, mentioned it in one of his newsletters. The things above help me to simply not be so hungry. Also, I don't eat too much sugar or milk by-products because milk-fat in butter, ice cream, cheese, and gravies are VERY fattening. I still eat what I want but only a few bites to trick my tongue and mind. My stomach takes orders from those two other body parts, apparently, because, for me, it works. (I'd recommend this for weight reduction before trying all the hundreds of "diets" and "low fat" things.) I reduced the amount of food I eat, bought a SnowCone machine from Targets for $14.95, eat LOTS of organic juices of all kinds on this wonderful shaved ice once or twice a day, around meal time. I also drink LOTS of cold water all day long, especially during this horrible heat wave !

In case you haven't done this, ALWAYS microwave for 15 seconds, each pita-bread before slicing and filling with favorite things. Use the edges you cut off for morning buttered "toasties" with jelly. I drink NO soft drinks or caffeinated drinks of any kind, Tannic acid in tea causes my joints to ache with stiffness. Chocolate is unpredictable and over-stimulates me. Alcohol is tabu in our home! A favorite health drink of mine is "lime water" made with 1/2 CAP (not CUP) of lime concentrate, one packet of Splenda, and 16oz of ice water! M-m-m-m-m . It helps to shrink the stomach as well as is especially good for you. That's LIME, not Lemon! I take one Acidolphylus should my system get too acidic. These have ALL proven to be great choices that WORK. I also had to stop moping and get more active, physically, so I work in the garden/yard, in early morning or late afternoon. I turned my back on all the time stealers like soaps, game shows, court fights, etc., to do this for myself, which in turns helps my family. It really pays off and I sleep a LOT better than I used to. Hope this helps someone to put it all together for themselves.

Try hummus!