Sandwich Wrap Recipes

I am looking for recipes for sandwich wraps using tortillas. I want to cut down my lunch calories and bought some no fat tortillas.

I don't like most dressings using mayo, but can tolerate small amounts. Any ideas?

Answers

Here are some ideas that I use in my husband's lunches. I'll modify them to make them healthier:

pizza wraps: spread the middle of a tortilla with pizza or spaghetti sauce (or tomato sauce with Italian seasoning), add veggies, fresh or sauteed (mushrooms, onions, olives, tomatoes, broccoli, etc) and low fat shredded cheese. wrap up and eat cold or hot.

bean wraps: use low/non fat refried beans (make your own in a food processor - just whip up with some plain yogurt or cottage cheese until smooth), veggies, lean griiled chicken, beef or pork, veggies and low fat cheese

chicken caesar wrap: mix a teaspoon of neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese) with 1/3 teaspoon Italian dressing. spread in the middle of a tortilla.
add grilled chicken, torn romaine, tomato slices, cucumber slices, chopped olives and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

tuna salsa: drain a can of tuna very well. then add some dried onion flakes, dried parsley flakes, and chunky salsa (pico do gallo) to taste. place in a tortilla wrap with lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.

cheese wrap: try some low fat cheeses, sliced, in a wrap with dijon mustard, brown mustard or horseradish. add your favorite veggies. (try sharp cheddar, meunster, gruyere, yogurt cheese, feta)

By chas (Guest Post)

My family loves these wrappers they are low cal and easy to make.
Take your tortilla spread low fat or fat free cream cheese all over it, place 2 pieces of (I use deli sliced virginia ham) ham then add lettuce and tomato wrap it up and your done I cut it at a slight angle so you can see the beautiful insides. Enjoy.

By (Guest Post)

Gotta share this: I WEIGH TOO MUCH, BUT...I've dropped two dress sizes (not weight) in three months by eliminating gluten (that's from wheat and is added by food mfg. everywhere into most EVERY food e x c e p t Pita Bread.) I have read several times that the glutten in breads, (even flour tortillas have gluten added), is what puts on belly fat. Also, acetyl-carnitine, and Chlorella have been like miracle supplements/helpers for my losing upper-body fat. Because I drank grapefruit juice daily for about 12 years between ages 25 and 37, I have NO cellulite on my legs !! Dr. Mercola, mercola.com, I believe, mentioned it in one of his newsletters. The things above help me to simply not be so hungry. Also, I don't eat too much sugar or milk by-products because milk-fat in butter, ice cream, cheese, and gravies are VERY fattening. I still eat what I want but only a few bites to trick my tongue and mind. My stomach takes orders from those two other body parts, apparently, because, for me, it works. (I'd recommend this for weight reduction before trying all the hundreds of "diets" and "low fat" things.) I reduced the amount of food I eat, bought a SnowCone machine from Targets for $14.95, eat LOTS of organic juices of all kinds on this wonderful shaved ice once or twice a day, around meal time. I also drink LOTS of cold water all day long, especially during this horrible heat wave !

In case you haven't done this, ALWAYS microwave for 15 seconds, each pita-bread before slicing and filling with favorite things. Use the edges you cut off for morning buttered "toasties" with jelly. I drink NO soft drinks or caffeinated drinks of any kind, Tannic acid in tea causes my joints to ache with stiffness. Chocolate is unpredictable and over-stimulates me. Alcohol is tabu in our home! A favorite health drink of mine is "lime water" made with 1/2 CAP (not CUP) of lime concentrate, one packet of Splenda, and 16oz of ice water! M-m-m-m-m . It helps to shrink the stomach as well as is especially good for you. That's LIME, not Lemon! I take one Acidolphylus should my system get too acidic. These have ALL proven to be great choices that WORK. I also had to stop moping and get more active, physically, so I work in the garden/yard, in early morning or late afternoon. I turned my back on all the time stealers like soaps, game shows, court fights, etc., to do this for myself, which in turns helps my family. It really pays off and I sleep a LOT better than I used to. Hope this helps someone to put it all together for themselves.

Try hummus!

By doris (Guest Post)

Spicy mustard or honey mustard is very good. Also, salsa or texas pete. If you want more of a salad dressing mix ranch with salsa: it doesn't take as much and it is lower in calories with a zing!

By doris (Guest Post)

Oh, something else I have been doing with the wraps: Preheat oven to 350 or 375. Spray both sides of wrap with pam or similar spray. Cut thin slivers of cheese or the shredded cheese and spread over wrap. It doesn't take much. Bake and check after 3 minutes or until browned. I like it when I can lift it if a fork and it is crisp and holds its shape like a big chip. Then I cut it with kitchen scissors and dip my "chips" in salsa.
Another one is the same oven degree and same pam spray.Then sprinkle splenda and cinnamon over the top of the tortilla shell. I peel an apple and cut/dice apple pieces and put on shell. I put more splenda and cinnamon over the apple slices. Bake and cut. Crunchy, sweet, cinnamon apple bits. Delicious. While the apple shell is cooking I eat the apple peeling (using a sprinkle of splenda if I need to). I have a terrible sweet tooth but both of these are good calorie wise because one is cheese and the shell and the other is an apple and the shell. It comes in handy for the crunch.

By Cheryl Hughes (Guest Post)

We use lean turkey breast and spicy mustard. Throw on a little "Spring Mix" salad and you have a tasty, crunchy wrap.

www.2ewenique.com

By Marfette (Guest Post)

Thanks to all of you who took the time to answer my request. So many great ideas!

Marcie in Wisconsin

By aardvark (Guest Post)

I didn't post the request, but I'm loving the ideas. Thanks all.

My personal favorite is:
Sliced avacados
alfalfa sprouts and roll it up and slice
oh WOW those are so tasty..

By Eloise Searle Gulick. (Guest Post)

I use different flavor yogurts as my dressing. You get literally NO fat and flavor can vary. Not the same as mustard, mayo or salad dressing but I have a sweet tooth when it comes to salads and this just seems to hit the spot. The other ideas I have read are great. We have been having WW soft tortillas and that does a reat soft wrap, both hot and cold.

My daughter introduced me to several different ways to slow down on my mayo usage (too much fat & salt) & the greatest one is on my wraps. I absolutely love sandwich wraps! When I cook I usually cook a little ahead & stick it in the freezer for my wrap. I have one wrap in particular that I am very fond of.

When I cook chicken outside on the grill, I usually use boneless skinless chicken breasts that I have manufactured myself (peeled & de-boned) & marinated for several hours. I start the breasts on the hot side of the grill & when they are seared on both sides, I move them to the cooler side of the grill or to the upper rack to finish cooking.

Use a meat fork to check for doneness & if you poke the chicken breast in the thickest part & the juices come out clear, then the breast is done. Or you can check with a meat thermometer to the temperature of 165 degree's F. Then I will wrap some of the chicken breasts in foil & put in a ziplock bag & freeze.

Also, when I cook bacon of a morning I will always cook extra because so many things are more wonderful with bacon!

To make my wrap I will reheat a chicken breast & slice thinly. I also slightly heat a large flour tortilla & spread out the meat on 1/3 of the tortilla. Sprinkle on a little crumbled bacon, add some Romaine lettuce, chopped green onion, & some very thinly sliced fresh bell pepper. Sprinkle lightly with raspberry vinaigrette or Italian dressing, wrap like a burrito & enjoy. The vinaigrette is my favorite!

Answer this Question

This ground beef recipe is made with spinach and aromatics like garlic and onion. Mixed it with orzo and serve in a tortilla. This makes a great weeknight dinner or quick lunch.

Beef with carrots on tortilla

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Seasoned, mashed avocado and a fried egg rolled up in a wrap is a great healthy food choice. Try one for breakfast.

Avocado Breakfast Wrap

Club sandwiches are delicous but not very carb conscious. You can use wraps instead of bread to enjoy your favorite club sandwich flavors.

Chicken Club Sandwich Wrap on a white plate

Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches WrapsAugust 24, 2013
🎂
🎃
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sandwich-Wrap-Recipes.html