Spinach Beef With Orzo
This ground beef recipe is made with spinach and aromatics like garlic and onion. Mixed it with orzo and serve in a tortilla. This makes a great weeknight dinner or quick lunch.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you have a busy schedule, this is an idea for you where you can make spinach ground beef as the main entree paired with orzo (ex: for lunch) and then serve as soft tacos (for dinner).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 people lunch and dinner
- 1 small white onions
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3.75 lb ground beef
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots
- 1 flour tortillas
- 2-3 avocados
- 2 16 oz orzo pasta
- Chop white onions, garlic and carrots.
- Cook orzo with water over stove. Follow the package instructions.
- Add dash of olive oil in pan. Lightly sauté carrots over medium heat then set aside.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, white onions and saute until lightly caramelized.
- Now add your ground beef using your spatula break it up as it cooks.
- Add spinach, garlic and mix well then cook until ready. Optional: You can drain the liquid or keep it.
- Once the orzo is completed cooking, you can toss half with spinach and beef mixture for lunch. Optional: Top off with some sautéed carrots.
- As a second meal (for dinner), you can drain the meat and wrap in your choice of tortilla, I used soft flour tortilla. Add your choice of toppings inside, I used sliced avocados & sautéed carrots.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.