Mushroom and Cheese Orzo Risotto Recipe
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
December 15, 2015
People tend to get intimidated by the thought of making risotto. I can assure you, this version is a super easy method that results in a very elegant, delicious dish.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tsp oil
- 3/4 cup sliced or chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups dried orzo pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup any type of cheese (I used aged cheddar here)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Add oil to frying pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add dried orzo. Stir often until pasta is light golden brown, a few minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer. Stirring often. It will take about 8 minutes or so until orzo is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. If its too thick or dry, add a bit of water at a time until you reach desired consistency. If too wet, cook a bit longer.
- Turn off heat then drop in cheese, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until cheese melts. I'm getting hungry just writing this! Enjoy!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.