Making Cauliflower Risotto
Finely chopped cauliflower replaces rice in this easy to make risotto. Even if you don't like cauliflower rice this delicious dish may change your mind.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love cauliflower rice, but what's one way to one-up rice? Risotto! This cauliflower risotto is easier to make than regular rice risottos, and tastes so very good. I haven't been able to get a lot of my family members on the cauliflower rice wagon, but they've totally jumped on this cauliflower risotto train! All aboard!
You can knock the Parmesan out of this completely and just use the nutritional yeast if you'd like it to be vegan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup any broth
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Heat cooking oil in large pan over medium heat. Add some salt and pepper to onions and cook until caramelized, about 7 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, for a couple minutes.
- Add the broth to the pan, stirring to pick up the bits at the bottom. Bring to a simmer and cook until everything is cooked and creamy, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon zest, parmesan, nutritional yeast, and parsley.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.