Vote for this contest contender!
I love cauliflower rice, but what's one way to one-up rice? Risotto! This cauliflower risotto is easier to make than regular rice risottos, and tastes so very good. I haven't been able to get a lot of my family members on the cauliflower rice wagon, but they've totally jumped on this cauliflower risotto train! All aboard!
You can knock the Parmesan out of this completely and just use the nutritional yeast if you'd like it to be vegan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup any broth
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Heat cooking oil in large pan over medium heat. Add some salt and pepper to onions and cook until caramelized, about 7 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, for a couple minutes.
- Add the broth to the pan, stirring to pick up the bits at the bottom. Bring to a simmer and cook until everything is cooked and creamy, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon zest, parmesan, nutritional yeast, and parsley.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!