Curried Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Cauliflower rice is a low carb alternative to traditional white or brown rice. Curry powder and other aromatics are used to give the bland vegetable a bit of a kick. This is a guide about making curried cauliflower rice
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This yummy dish is called rice but it just resembles rice in many ways. Its main star is cauliflower that has been pulsed until it's rice-like. I've served this to many rice lovers and they've all been absolutely in love with it. It's a delicious way to save yourself from a huge amount of calories and not feel so weighed down.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- half a large head of fresh cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 a medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Roughly chop the cauliflower. You can use a food processor to pulse into rice, or use a cheese grater and grate by hand. I used a food processor.
- Pulse until cauliflower resembles coarse grains of rice.
- Add oil to a large pan and bring to heat on medium. Add the onions and cook until softened, about a minute.
- Add the garlic, stirring constantly, cook another minute until it starts browning.
- Add the cauliflower and stir well. Cover with a lid to cook for a few minutes until it's a bit softened. I like mine slightly crisp, but if you want yours on the soft side, add a tablespoon of water, stir, cover, and cook for a few minutes longer.
- When the cauliflower is cooked, turn heat down to low. Sprinkle with curry powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the parsley and serve.
July 12, 20170 found this helpful
Some variations to go with the cauliflower rice: taco seasoning and tomatoes, fresh basil and tomatoes, lemon herb, orange zest or lemon zest with salt and garlic.
July 2, 20170 found this helpful
Any more rcipes you can use with cauliflower rice???