Avocado Breakfast Wrap

Category Breakfast
Seasoned, mashed avocado and a fried egg rolled up in a wrap is a great healthy food choice. Try one for breakfast.

Our daughter has gotten me to crave wraps with avocado, which is a heart healthy food to include in your diet. She found some gluten-free wraps at our local grocery store. This is something that I would have never noticed as usually they all contain wheat and I pass them by. I had never eaten a wrap before, that I could remember. To me, a wrap is something you throw around your shoulders.

Yesterday I made this recipe, using one half of the avocado and I put a slice of baked chicken in the wrap. It was very good. Today, I made another wrap using the other half of the avocado and a fried egg. It was also good.

Avocados can be used in several different ways. To me they don't have much taste but you can really dress them up with spices and such.

Now, if I could just get my husband interested in trying avocados. I'll have to work on that one.

Yield: 1 serving

• ½ avocado
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice (I use a premeasured frozen lemon juice cube and melted it in the microwave)
  • salt and pepper
  • dash of ground ginger
  • squirt of mustard
  • large gluten free wrap
  • 1 egg

1. Mash avocado with a fork. Add lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
  2. Advertisement

3. Continue to mash until it is creamy.
  4. Fry an egg. Lay wrap on a plate.
  5. Place avocado mixture in middle of the large wrap. Heat wrap with avocado mixture in microwave for 20 seconds or until warm.
  6. Place egg on top of avocado mixture.
  7. Using both hands, bring bottom of wrap up and over and tuck it under the stuffing.
  8. Fold in sides and roll it up.
  9. Advertisement

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastJanuary 9, 2020
🌻
👒
🐛
🐰
😷