Caprese Scrambled Egg and Omelet Recipes
Tomato, basil, and mozzarella cheese combine to give this dish its distinctive flavor. This page contains Caprese scrambled egg and omelet recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I brought up fixings for Caprese salad using tomato, red onion, basil, and fresh mozzarella on a camping trip. The next morning, we used the leftover salad to make the most amazing breakfast scramble over the fire. This is sure to become a camping staple for our family.
- Caprese Salad
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced (or chopped)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Fresh part-skim mozzerella
- Breakfast Scramble
- leftover Caprese salad
- broccoli, cut into florets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- When making the Caprese salad prepare the dressing. Combine remaining ingredients, drizzle with dressing and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- To make the scramble, place the leftover Caprese salad and broccoli florets in a pan. Because the salad already contains oil, you will not need to add additional oil. Add scrambled eggs, salt and pepper, to taste, and scramble.
- Serve when egg is cooked through.