Microwave Omelette Recipes

Category Breakfast
Omelettes are a simple an delicious breakfast option. Making your omelette in the microwave can be a fast way to whip up something yummy in the morning. This page contains microwave omelette recipes.

I have been seeing the "Plastic Bag Omelet" on many websites lately. That may be a great idea when you need to make an omelet whilst camping. You only have a pot of boiling water and 20 minutes, but it's my personal choice not to boil my foods in plastics. If you are looking to make an omelet without oil or butter and only have a few minutes, this microwave omelet is your answer!

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 8

For a quick and easy omelet, use a microwave safe coffee mug. Simply crack one or two eggs into the cup and stir. Add cooked bacon, ham, tomato, onion, etc. and stir again. Cover with plastic wrap and nuke it for 1-2 minutes. Stir and nuke for another minute or two. Voila! Instant omelet. You can eat it out of the cup or turn onto plate. Easy cleanup and fun to eat! Enjoy.

By Ivy from Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Being by myself, I hate to cook large meals then have all the leftovers. This is just perfect for me!

Total Time: 8 minutes

Yield: 2 servings

Source: My files

• 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp margarine
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
  • shredded chives (opt.)
  • chopped black olives (opt)

1. Place the egg whites into a large mixing bowl. Beat at high speed until soft peaks form.
  2. In smaller bowl, place the egg yolks. Beat yolks, mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons water.
  3. Slowly pour yolk mixture over whites and fold in.
  4. Melt margarine in 9-inch microwave safe pie plate and coat inside.
  5. Slowly pour eggs into pie plate. Microwave half power for 6 minutes.
  6. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over eggs. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute on same power level.
  7. Sprinkle with chopped chives and olives.
  8. Quickly run a spatula around sides and bottom of dish. Fold half of omelet over the other half. Slide onto serving plate.