Quick Microwave Omelet
Being by myself, I hate to cook large meals then have all the leftovers. This is just perfect for me!
Total Time: 8 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Source: My files
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- shredded chives (opt.)
- chopped black olives (opt)
- Place the egg whites into a large mixing bowl. Beat at high speed until soft peaks form.
- In smaller bowl, place the egg yolks. Beat yolks, mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons water.
- Slowly pour yolk mixture over whites and fold in.
- Melt margarine in 9-inch microwave safe pie plate and coat inside.
- Slowly pour eggs into pie plate. Microwave half power for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over eggs. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute on same power level.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and olives.
- Quickly run a spatula around sides and bottom of dish. Fold half of omelet over the other half. Slide onto serving plate.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!