Freezing Omelet Filling

Category Breakfast
Here is a great way to make quick and easy omelets in the morning. This is a page about freezing omelet filling.

My husband loves for me to cook breakfast before church and he loves omelets! I don't know about you guys but Sunday mornings can be hectic and short on time! To make a quick omelet, I have started saving a few peppers, onions and mushrooms whenever I use them for other meals or recipes. I just take a few of each and chop them up, place in a small baggie and freeze them. I'm always making recipes that need onions, peppers or mushrooms so saving just a few for later use is easy. This has saved me so much time on Sunday mornings. All I do is pull the bag out, sautee and throw it in the omelet. This cuts the preparation time greatly and we can get to church on time!

Total Time: 10 minutes

• peppers
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • plastic baggies
  • eggs
  • cheese, if desired
  • cooking spray

1. Save a few peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc. from any meal you're preparing that uses these ingredients.
  2. Chop them into desired size for using in an omelet.
  3. Place desired portions into snack sized Ziploc baggies to store in your freezer.
  4. When your husband wants an omelet on Sunday morning, and you don't have the time to prepare the veggies, just pull out your baggie of frozen veggies, throw them in a frying pan with a spray or two of Pam cooking spray, and sautee veggies. May spray again with cooking spray if needed.
  5. Advertisement

6. Sautee veggies to desired tenderness.
  7. Remove cooked veggies from pan and set aside. Scramble 2 eggs in a small bowl. Spray frying pan again with cooking spray and fold eggs into the hot pan. Once eggs start to cook, add the sauteed veggies on top of the eggs. Add cheese if desired.
  8. Fold cooked eggs over onto the veggies and complete the omelet. Add shredded cheese on top to garnish.
  9. Once husband has enjoyed his Sunday morning omelet and realized the time you have saved preparing said omelet with this handy tip, have him clean the table, do the dishes and get the kids ready for church. He should have plenty of time to complete these tasks prior to leaving, and nobody will be late!
  10. Advertisement

Food and Recipes Food Tips BreakfastDecember 13, 2016
🐛
😷
😎
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Omelet-Filling.html