Omelette Recipes

Here's a way to make an impressive cheese souffle omelette without the use of an oven, using only a couple ingredients. It's a light and delicious way to start your day!

Prep Time: 7 minutes

Cook Time: 7 minutes

Total Time: 14 minutes

Yield: 2-3 servings

• 5 eggs
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (semi-hard like aged cheddar is great)
  • cooking spray or oil

1. Separate your eggs.
  2. Beat egg whites with a whisk or beater until medium-stiff peaks form.
  3. Beat the egg yolks and gently fold them into the egg whites.
  4. Grease a nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture. Cook for a couple minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
  5. Sprinkle half the omelette with the cheese and cook another couple minutes until the bottom is golden.
  6. Fold one half of the omelette onto itself and cook another couple minutes. Slide it onto a serving plate.

More Solutions

I wish restaurants would make this. I look forward to having leftover taco meat just for it.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan or a 9 inch round baking pan.

Beat eggs in bowl adding about 1 tsp. cream. Gently fold in all ingredients. Pour into well-buttered omelet pan.

I've made this omelet since I was in my early 20's as a quick and tasty breakfast on 'feeling lazy' mornings. Back then I wasn't as much into gourmet as I was just in to having easy items already on hand.

This recipe serves two. In large bowl, beat eggs; mix milk, salt, Parmesan cheese, Swiss cheese, spinach, parsley, onion, and garlic. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet.

Try this omelet as a special main dish for breakfast, brunch or dinner.

Hello Gentle Friends! Here is my sweet New Year Omelette recipe for you to try and trust me, it is good!

This is a great omelet to share with somebody. You can use whatever veggies, meat or cheeses you prefer, and adjust it to suit your taste. It is a great way to start any day.

Omelet covered with salsa on plate

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

In a 10 inch non-stick skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add ham and potato; cook and stir until potato is lightly browned. Stir in the cheese, milk, horseradish and bacon; cook until the cheese is melted.

Enjoy your sautéed veggies on this omelette.

20 Questions

I am looking for easy omelet recipes.

By Elayne Mills M.

Answers

You don't really need a recipe, start out like for a basic omelet, then add whatever meats, cheeses, veggies that you want to add to it, in whatever amounts you want.

How do I cook an omelet?

By Robert Murphy from Manchester, UK

Answers

Hi. First crack the eggs, as many as you like. Then wisk them together, like scrambled. Pour into the buttered pan, let it get cooking and then add ingredients. Like cheese ham bacon, mushrooms anything you like, then flip onto other side, and wallah an omelet. Hope that helped :)

Heat some oil in a frying pan (around a tablespoonful). Beat your eggs with salt & pepper to taste and add a few drops of cold water. Pour mixture into pan. While it is cooking, pull back the edges with a spatula and tip the pan slightly to let the uncooked egg get in contact with the heated oil. This prevents the omelette from being overcooked, yet ensuring the egg is cooked in the middle. Fold over the omelette which should now be nice and fluffy. If you wish to add filling, do so to one half as it is cooking.

A friend of mine is entering a body-building competition, and as a result, has egg-white omelettes for breakfast every day. He has been wanting ideas on how to make them more interesting. So if anyone has any good omelet recipes that he can adapt, please let me know.

Cathy from Townsville, QLD

Answers

try adding vegetables like bell peppers and onions to it!

By U*u*U (Guest Post)

An egg white is like a blank canvas : )) Anything that would work in an omelette will work mixed into egg whites. I'd blanch veggies first, as the egg whites will cook up quickly. You don't have to scramble them. Simply Pour the egg whites into a hot pan sprayed with pam, scatter any (cooked) meat or veg combination throughout and season. You can turn and cook on both sides, or just cover till done

Cheese is nice on them too. Top with cheese when almost done, and cover.

By (Guest Post)

ANY time I make eggs, omelette or scrambled, I add a few drops of my favorite hot sauce to the liquid before cooking. How much to add depends on how hot you like it.

Also, almost any veggie or meat can be added to the omelette. The other day, we had lefter over shredded chicken and mushrooms. Yumm. Salsa and avocado are good additions as well.

Answer this Question

Can an omelet be baked in a toaster oven or does it always have to be fried?

If it is baked - at what temp and for how long? Can it be done in my mom's toaster oven?

By Paula Jo C. from lower western NC mtns

Answer this Question

This page contains a recipe for not-so Spanish omelet. This omelet is a simple and delicious breakfast or brunch meal that everyone will enjoy.

Not-So Spanish Omelet

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastFebruary 13, 2012
🎉
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Omelet-Recipes-1.html