Potato Pepper Omelette
This is a delicious little omelette that helps you get your veggies in. Panfrying the potatoes first gives them a nice crisp texture on the outside, but soft and fluffy in the middle. I like to lay the peppers rings on the pan first so when you flip the omelette onto a plate, you can see the pretty colours.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1-2 servings
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped, parboiled* and drained
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 or 2 mini peppers, sliced into rings
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to serve
*Parboil the potatoes first to speed up the cooking process. Cover with water in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 6 minutes.
Read More or Comment...
- Heat some oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes until browned, then add onion and garlic. Add some salt and pepper. Cook until potatoes are crisp. Remove from heat.
- Heat some oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add pepper rings in single layer.
- Whisk eggs. Add just a bit of them to the pepper rings to bind them together.
- Now add all the potatoes, onions, and garlic.
- Pour in the rest of the eggs. Use a spoon or spatula to wiggle the mixture around a bit so it all gets cooked evenly.
- When eggs are completely set, shut off heat. Put a plate on top of the pan and flip the omelette onto it. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.