Potato Pepper Omelette
This is a delicious little omelette that helps you get your veggies in. Panfrying the potatoes first gives them a nice crisp texture on the outside, but soft and fluffy in the middle. I like to lay the peppers rings on the pan first so when you flip the omelette onto a plate, you can see the pretty colours.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1-2 servings
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped, parboiled* and drained
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 or 2 mini peppers, sliced into rings
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to serve
*Parboil the potatoes first to speed up the cooking process. Cover with water in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 6 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes until browned, then add onion and garlic. Add some salt and pepper. Cook until potatoes are crisp. Remove from heat.
- Heat some oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add pepper rings in single layer.
- Whisk eggs. Add just a bit of them to the pepper rings to bind them together.
- Now add all the potatoes, onions, and garlic.
- Pour in the rest of the eggs. Use a spoon or spatula to wiggle the mixture around a bit so it all gets cooked evenly.
- When eggs are completely set, shut off heat. Put a plate on top of the pan and flip the omelette onto it. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!