I brought up fixings for Caprese salad using tomato, red onion, basil, and fresh mozzarella on a camping trip. The next morning, we used the leftover salad to make the most amazing breakfast scramble over the fire. This is sure to become a camping staple for our family.
- Caprese Salad
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced (or chopped)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Fresh part-skim mozzerella
- Breakfast Scramble
- leftover Caprese salad
- broccoli, cut into florets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- When making the Caprese salad prepare the dressing. Combine remaining ingredients, drizzle with dressing and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- To make the scramble, place the leftover Caprese salad and broccoli florets in a pan. Because the salad already contains oil, you will not need to add additional oil. Add scrambled eggs, salt and pepper, to taste, and scramble.
- Serve when egg is cooked through.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.