Caprese Salad with Cucumbers
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts
November 19, 2021
Caprese salad is one of my favorite summertime dishes but it can be a refreshing side for fall or winter dinner. I marinated cucumbers to give it some more crunch and substance. It was well received when I brought it to a pasta dinner recently.
- 1 large package grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 shallot
- 1 package fresh mozzarella pearls
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil
- Peel, seed and dice the cucumber into bite sized pieces. Add to a bowl. Cut the tomatoes in half, or bite sized pieces if you are using larger tomatoes.
- Mince garlic and thinly slice the shallot. Add them to the bowl and mix together. Drizzle them with 1-2 Tbsp. oil and vinegar and a sprinkling of salt. Set aside for about an hour for the cucumbers to marinate.
- Before serving, cut the pearls into quarters. Mix them into the salad.
- Julianne fresh basil leaves and add to the salad. Add more oil/vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. If the resulting salad is too wet, you can pour off some of the liquid before serving.
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 254 Posts
December 17, 20210 found this helpful
This was delicious!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.