Cardamom Carrot Nut Jam
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
This is an exotic Persian twist on a typical jam, using carrots, cardamom, pistachios and almonds. The ingredients are known to be crunchy in their original state, but when cooked down, they turn almost honey-like. You will love this jam for your toasts, and even drizzled on yogurt. I love to give these as gifts!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: Two 4oz jars
- 1 lb shredded carrots
- 2/3 lb granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1/2 cup almond sticks
- 1/4 cup pistachio sticks
- Place carrots, sugar, water, and cardamom in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove any scum that may surface at the top, then continue to simmer for 30 minutes, until carrots go a bit clear and mixture is syrupy.
- Shut off the heat and add the almonds and pistachios. Mix well so they soften. Allow to sit until it cools completely.
- Transfer to sterilized jars and seal. You can leave the cardamom pods in the jars, but do remove them if you come across one when eating.
- The jam will keep well in the fridge for about a month. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.