Caring for Pet Ladybugs?

What do they eat besides bugs? What fruits can they eat?

By Luna

Best Answer

Ladybugs are very hardy little creatures, they can eat any food really, or at least mine do. I feed mine mostly globs of honey, raisins soaked in water for a few minutes, lettuce, and wilting broccoli. :)

Anonymous

cute!!!

Can you feed them maple syrup?

yes!you can also feed them honey

We get lots of ladybugs in our house as it starts to get cold outside due to the fact that the south side of our house is mostly windows, which they prefer. I did a lot of research so I could protect them indoors until it was ideal to set them free. I keep a paper towel folded into a small square and soaked with water on a small saucer that they drink from. On the same saucer I put a red grape, cut in half, and a slice of apple. They constantly drink from these. They get fresh fruit and a new paper towel every morning. I keep this saucer in my kitchen window, facing south, and have created quit the ladybug habitat. Whenever I find one in the house, I transfer it to the saucer. I had 22 of them and They pretty much stay in this area, as they seem to like it.

They like the cool area by the window, indoor heating can dry them out and kill them. They typically over-winter (aka hibernate) around Sept/Oct and emerge around April. When the temperature gets below 55, they arent able to fly. So when the weather report for April shows a week of temps that dont drop below 55, I gather them in a plastic cup with a lid (the kind with a cut for a straw- to let air in) and I immediately take them outside where I take the lid off and set the cup down in our garden. Then I sit and watch them fly out. I find it to be a peaceful and rewarding project for me and them. I plan to build a ladybug house to put in our garden next year.

How often should you feed them if you are giving raisins

Can lady bugs eat rice, cause a lady bug landed on my finger and I had a grain of rice on my finger and it started eating it and then flew away when it was done

Best Answer

I have a lady bug right now, and I know that ladybugs can eat grapes but you have to peel the skin so they can eat it because they also eat raisins. My ladybug Stewart also has a few drops of water and some soil and grass.

Anonymous

Thank you for this answer I found a hurt lady bug in my room and my cousin and I used your idea and got better

Anonymous

thank you.My ladybug is healthy now!

Anonymous

I like that name!!!Stewart!

Anonymous

Stewart is a great name!

Anonymous

My grapes wasn't peeled and now that I have my ladybugs is is going to them more often

I am having a ton of ladybug trouble right now. I kept a ladybug overnight, and I think she layed eggs. They look yellow orange-ish and are kind of like tiny jellybeans.

I need to relocate her because the habitat she is in now is cracked. I don't know how to move the eggs and I am kind of worried. Please help!!!!

Anonymous

move the stuff the eggs are on.

You dont have to peel them, just cut them in half.

Just cut them in half and turn them with the cut side up. Much easier.

Anonymous

My ladybug Spot eats soft raisins and water.

Anonymous

they can eat raisins,apricots,and peeled grapes.

Pets InsectsApril 5, 2015
🍂
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Caring-for-Pet-Ladybugs.html