Caring for Rescue Guinea Pigs

I just recently have become the mini guinea rescue in my town. I somehow became the lucky owner of 7 piggies, 4 males and 3 females. I'm trying to figure out the best way to house them using the grid cages. I am not sure of their ages and really would like to let them all "see" each other, but would prefer to separate the girls and boys that people have already had paired. I am trying to avoid fighting and babies and cages taking up too much room. Please help.

By Kelly

First of all, if you do not have a license or permit to be a "rescue", do not rescue animals. You could get in legal trouble.

Second, the only way to be sure there will never be any more babies is to have them spayed and neutered.

You need to be serious about this if you're going to do it. Apply to be a licensed small animal rescue. Have all animals spayed, neutered and vaccinated. You'll have to keep the cages clean, feed them and give them fresh water every day. You'll have to be prepared to care for pregnant females and infants, and know what to do if they fight or something else goes wrong. This means studying.

If you can't afford all this or don't have the space or the time, I'd suggest contacting your closest small animal rescue and making an appointment to drop them off or have them picked up.