Cat Keeps Pooping at Front Door

Category Cats
Citrus, ammonia, or some essential oils smells may help keep a cat from relieving themselves in a specific area. This is a guide about cat keeps pooping at front door.

I have a cat that keeps coming to our front door and poops. What can I use to keep her away so she stops doing this?

By EF

Answers

Best Answer

Cats really dislike citrus peels try putting several in onion bags and set them in the areas that it's been doing its business if it's in the dirt around your front porch you can just put the peelings on the ground and they smell good.

Best Answer

Since cats have superior smelling abilities, they are extremely sensitive to scent based cat repellents. You can make a really simple homemade remedy out of essential oils. I recommend using peppermint oil for repelling cats outdoors. Just mix 3 parts water to 1 part oil into a spray bottle and apply to necessary areas. You will need to reapply the solution as it wears down from the outside conditions.

Best Answer

Don't use ammonia. Cat urine is similar to ammonia and it will only attract them.

Moth balls worked nicely in my garden and in my house plants, if you don't mind the smell.

Cats hate lemon smells. Squeeze some lemon juice on a towel and leave it by the door for a few days. Then, keep a Citronella candle or two in a jar, by the door. You don't have to light them for the smell to work. If it is like most cats, it will stop.
I hope this helps.
PBP