Cat Keeps Scratching Its Eyelids?

Category Cats
If fleas are not present, then an inflammation of the eyelid, known as blepharitis, may be the cause of this behavior. A trip to the vet for a diagnosis is probably in order. Warm cloths may help until you get an appointment. This is a page about cat keeps scratching its eyelids.

My cat keeps scratching right above her eye on her eyelids. She does it so much that they are raw and bleeding. What can I do to help her? It is not fleas; I use Frontline.

Answers

Best Answer

Your cat may have blepharitis but should be diagnosed by your vet. Warming a damp cloth in the microwave and holding it on your cat's eye for as long as possible will help (be VERY sure the cloth is not hot) that is, if she will let you do this. A visit to the vet may be expensive as they will generally want to run tests but they may be able to find what type and prescribe medications (there is basically no cure - only treatment).

Here are a couple of sites that will help explain this condition and treatment.

vcahospitals.com/.../blepharitis-in-cats

www.wikihow.com/Diagnose-and-Treat-Blepharitis-in...

She may have blepharitis, an inflammation of the eyelid. You can try warm compresses, but I would call the vet if I were you.

Vet right away. Especially if shes bleeding. I don't take chance on blood. It could be infected.

Pets CatsJanuary 8, 2018
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cat-Keeps-Scratching-Its-Eyelids.html