Celebrating Lunar (Chinese) New Year

An early spring holiday celebrated by Chinese and other Asian communities throughout the world to honor their deities, ancestors and families. This is a guide about celebrating Lunar (Chinese ) New Year.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I made this last year out of a branch that was in my yard. I made the flowers with crepe paper and floral tape.

These flowers are called Mai flowers. They only bloom once a year in spring. I made this for the Vietnamese lunar new year because these flowers are full of meaning for the lunar new year (also known as Tet).

By Viet

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Here is a picture of the entry way to my sister's apartment building at the Hong Kong International School. Vibrant decorations are everywhere throughout the city. It is the most important holiday for most of this part of the world. Families thoroughly clean their homes to prepare for the festivities, and sweep away any ill-fortune, in hopes to make way for good incoming luck.

By Sally

Flowers for Lunar New Year

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Photo Description
Chinese New Year 2014, taken in Liverpool England. A beautifully sunny day for the time of year which was a big bonus considering the extreme weather we have been having recently

Photo Location
Liverpool, England

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4