AntsPest Control

Chalk to Deter Ants

I read the coolest thing recently. I tried it and it works! If you have a problem with ants around pet food, water, doors or window sills, all you have to have is chalk. Yes, it that easy. You draw a circle around the pet food or water and the ants will NOT cross over the circle of chalk.

I told my friend and her daughter used sidewalk chalk around her windows and door. You can use it really anywhere you do not want ants to cross over. They can't tolerate what is in the chalk.

Amazing! Try it: nontoxic, no fumes and easily replaced when you clean or during a summer rain. It works and the price is right.

Source: Article on things you would never think of.

By Luana M. from San Diego, CA

Hum... I never thought of chalk, but I did know that anything that is "powdery" will work. Powdered Non-Dairy creamer, talcum powder, baby powder, boric acid, baking soda, cream of tartar, flour.

I found out why. Insects breath through thier skins/shells. The powder blocks their pores. They can't breath.
Chalk sounds best though as it would be easier to place more precisely. When I use loose powder it is hard to get it to go exactly where I want it to, and to make it stay there. It wants to blow away, or rub away and get on things.

Thanks for telling me the why. Yes, I agree chalk does make it easy. Easy, works and is thrifty. Meets all the right reasons for many. I really appreciate you getting back to me,and leaving a feed back.
Many blessings and no ants.
Luana

It doesn't work at all. The ants walked all over it. I have tried most home remedies (I hate chemicals) with no luck. I broke down and sprayed around my house and they even went through that lol. So now on to a different way. :(