Charcoal to Fight Odors

My tip concerns removing odors from objects, furniture, etc. If you can put it in a plastic bag or cover it with sheet plastic to seal, then just buy however many bags of charcoal briquettes and cover the object with them. Seal it closed and let set for a few days or even a couple of weeks. You may have to do this more than once but I doubt it.

If the surface is finished you can lay the charcoal on paper towels and it will still work. I once had a new freezer full of meat, vegetables and other items that accidentally had the power turned off to it and everything inside rotted. The stench was terrible. After all cleaning methods failed, we lined the shelves inside with charcoal briquettes, closed it up for two weeks and all the odor was gone. The freezer was like new again.

By Kacee from Clinton, IN

Editor's Note: Be sure to use only regular charcoal, not the self lighting kind that is treated with lighter fluid.

Answers:

Charcoal to Fight Odors

Boy, I wish we'd thought of this several years ago when our $200 chest freezer accidentally got unplugged and the meat rotted! (06/14/2009)

By Lelia Jo Cordell

I dealing with that now OMG
MY WHOLE HOUSE STINKS

Do you leave the fridge turned on or off