Making Your Own Charcoal Starter

Yesterday, I wanted to barbecue for the first time this year. I realized that I had no lighter fluid and really needed to start the coals up quickly. I thought of those charcoal starter chimneys and remembered I had a can of juice in my pantry. I emptied it into a pitcher and cut out the top and bottom. I put it on top of the bottom grate of my grill, put some newspaper in it, then some coals, and lit it. In no time, I had white hot charcoal. Easy!

By KatherineC from Reno, NV

More Solutions

Okay, charcoal grill friends, this one is for you! Cabellas sells this thing called a Rapidfire Chimney Starter, and they want twenty bucks for it, plus shipping! Pshaw! You can totally make one out of an old coffee can.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BBQ and GrillApril 28, 2014
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Your-Own-Charcoal-Starter.html