FoodParties

Cheap Graduation Party Food Ideas

I am having a high school graduation party for my son, and we just moved and my funds are low. But I also want it to be nice. Please help.

Hot dogs, $5 pizzas, corn, beans, finger foods and snacks.

Congrats to all!! What a special accomplishment!!

If you can make it homemade, spaghetti is an expensive crowd pleaser. We often can find boxed at .89 a pound box; add a jarred sauce, you have a tasty main course. Toss up a nice salad and cookies (you can ask friends to help with those) and you have an easy, inexpensive, and tasty party meal!

If you are having it at your house, you can use your dishes and silverware and glasses and see if friends can lend you additional sets to serve all of the guests, saving on not needing disposables.

Forgo decorations but maybe splurge on napkins in the school colors. Solids are usually much less expensive than fancy grad patterns.

You can make up big pitchers of lemonade, iced tea and water and have everything buffet style.

Good luck to the new grad! Enjoy!!!

Hi there! I made these for some graduates last year and I got everything from the dollar shop:

www.thriftyfun.com/Graduation-Cap-Treats.html

They're very easy to put together.. and super yummy!

Pasta is the cheapest. Add some chicken for protein. Eggs and beans are also inexpensive. Buy what is in season.