Cheesy Bacon, Pork and Beans Roll
Vote for this contest contender!
This recipe could actually be served fried or not. It's supposed to be fried because the original recipe uses spring roll wraps. But since these are not available in my kitchen, I made a simple egg wrap. It turned out amazing. I list this recipe as one of my successful kitchen experiments.
- Egg Wraps
- one large egg
- 3-4 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup water
- 175 g pork & beans
- 2 strips bacon (minced)
- 1/4 cup cheese cubes
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cubed seasoning
- To make egg wraps; mix egg, flour and water. Mix well and pour a thin layer of the mixture into a pan. Cook over low heat like a pancake.
- Heat oil in pan and melt cubed seasoning.
- Add in the bacon and cook until crunchy.
- Pour pork and beans and then the flour. Stir well until thick.
- Lastly, add the cheese and cook until it melts slightly.
- Transfer cooked mixture in a bowl.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture.
- Place it in the center of the egg wrap and roll.
- Fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Or serve it without frying.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!