Cheesy Smashed Potatoes Recipe
The perfect side dish or even as a small meal.
- 8-10 red potatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated
- green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven on LOW broil.
- Wash potatoes and remove any eyes or damaged spots on the potatoes, if desired.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place potatoes into the water. Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When potatoes are done, remove them from the water, and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Use a potato masher and carefully press down on each potato to partially smash it. DO NOT smash them to hard, as they will fall apart.
- Melt butter in a bowl in the microwave. Then add minced garlic and stir.
- Spoon the butter mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top each potato with grated cheese.
- Broil potatoes for approx. 10 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Top with diced green onions and serve. Enjoy!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.