Cheesy Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Try these yummy red potatoes baked and covered with cheese. This page contains cheesy smashed potatoes recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The perfect side dish or even as a small meal.
- 8-10 red potatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated
- green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven on LOW broil.
- Wash potatoes and remove any eyes or damaged spots on the potatoes, if desired.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and place potatoes into the water. Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When potatoes are done, remove them from the water, and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Use a potato masher and carefully press down on each potato to partially smash it. DO NOT smash them to hard, as they will fall apart.
- Melt butter in a bowl in the microwave. Then add minced garlic and stir.
- Spoon the butter mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top each potato with grated cheese.
- Broil potatoes for approx. 10 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Top with diced green onions and serve. Enjoy!